My name is Lilou Sticks and for the moment, I have nowhere to call home.


So everyday, I read, take pictures, watch films, eat cinnamon buns and cookies, go to museums, drink blue water, walk, I walk a lot, a whole lot, look at mirrors, listen to music, touch fabrics, taste and smell everything around me.


This is how I am trying to remember where I come from.

If you feel the same way I do, let’s try to find our homes together.

Friday 13 January 2012

happy new year everybody !


How did you spend it?
Did you go to a party?
Did you dance all night?
Did you stay home and eat smoked salmon and caviar until you felt like a fish?
Did you stay in bed and eat pizza, drink Coca-Cola and fall asleep before midnight?
 
I was invited to Quentin’s house again for New Year’s Eve, but this time it was not a small family gathering it was a big, big party. Lots and lots of pretty people swirling around and drinking champagne. 



If you want gossip I can tell you this:

Quentin’s auntie threw a fit because her husband told her  she did not know the value of hard work. He also said that someone who buys five fur coats and accessories in less than 24 hours has addiction issues and that the excuse “I don’t want the animals to die in vain” was just ridiculous. 




Well she turned red red red and she had to be given some medicine to calm right down.

 
Quentin’s mamie spent most of the evening in the kitchen on the phone to her best friend Agathe, telling her how “they needed to lay low for the time being, just until she’s thought things through  more clearly.”



Quentin’s parents served lots of mini bites on mini toasts and they made us wear hats.

As for me, I sat next to Quentin most of the night. I was fine until the clock struck twelve and everybody shouted “Oh! Happy New Year!” so loud that I fell of my chair and I got nervous and then I remembered Zouzi. 
And I missed him terribly and I wondered what he was doing that night and I hoped that he was not alone even though he says he prefers it that way.



Then I had a tear, and then another and then another, until I couldn’t stop them even though I know it is not good to spoil peoples’ fun. Luckily people did not think I was crying they thought I was laughing and they started laughing with me. 
Not Quentin though, he knew that I was not laughing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment