My name is Lilou Sticks and for the moment, I have nowhere to call home.


So everyday, I read, take pictures, watch films, eat cinnamon buns and cookies, go to museums, drink blue water, walk, I walk a lot, a whole lot, look at mirrors, listen to music, touch fabrics, taste and smell everything around me.


This is how I am trying to remember where I come from.

If you feel the same way I do, let’s try to find our homes together.

Saturday 12 November 2011

FRENETIC

Today I learned a new word:

Frenetic.

It means: "fast and energetic in a rather wild and uncontrolled way."

Yesterday was frenetic.

I was in such a rush that I got to St Pancreas station ten minutes before my train was supposed to leave.



When I finally got there and I was waiting in line I realised my feet felt weird. They were too cold. I forgot to wear my shoes. There was nothing I could do about it so i just took a deep breath and waited.



Then a little woman took me aside and told me I had been selected for a random security check. I told her:
"Thank you so much, but I'm afraid I don't have time! "

I ran straight to my train and when I finally sat down I let out a huge breath. only to realise I was sitting on someone's lap. This someone did not seem too happy because I crinkled his newspaper.



The train ride after that, I don't remember much of because I fell asleep and dreamed the whole time about something I most definitely do not feel comfortable talking about. All I can tell you is that I woke up with a very red face.



When we got to Gard du Nord I did not feel so good because I was scared to come back to an empty house with no noise.

The whole taxi ride home my stomach was telling me he felt dizzy. I told him "It's okay" but my brain knew that it was not okay.



As we got nearer to my house I saw something sitting on my doorstep. I told the driver:

"Monsieur, ici s'il vous plait!", I hopped out and walked right over to inspect.

..............................................................................................................................


It was Quentin.

Quentin with a very angry red face.

Quentin who pushed me over and walked right back to the cafe without saying a word.

And there was a very confused me.

A very very confused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment