My name is Lilou Sticks and for the moment, I have nowhere to call home.


So everyday, I read, take pictures, watch films, eat cinnamon buns and cookies, go to museums, drink blue water, walk, I walk a lot, a whole lot, look at mirrors, listen to music, touch fabrics, taste and smell everything around me.


This is how I am trying to remember where I come from.

If you feel the same way I do, let’s try to find our homes together.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Hello




I have not written all summer.

Maybe you thought I ran away somewhere.
Or maybe you thought that I did not exist anymore.
But I did not run away and I still very much exist.

Something curious has happened and that is why I have not written a word since the 15th of June.

Zouzi has left me.

It all happened the day after I wrote the letter to the teapot.
I was sitting on the terrace drinking blue lemonade and counting the ants on the tiles when Zouzi told me he was heading out for a stroll. I knew it was really because he wanted to be first in line for a book signing of I Can Make You Thin.
I didn’t feel like teasing him so I said that I would meet him at the restaurant down the road for dinner. It was a Wednesday, and that is our favourite restaurant day.

So Zouzi went out and I continued to count the ants, which kept moving.

At eight o’clock I was at the restaurant, there was no sign of him, so I waited until 9:30 but he did not show up.

I thought he must have forgotten, so I went back home but he was not there.
I ran to the bookshop but the lights were off and it was locked.
I walked around the streets in the area but he was nowhere.

I became hot and cold and dizzy, dizzy, dizzy and I shouted:
“Zouzi! Zouzi!” so loudly that a lot people gave me angry looks.

I went back home late that night without Zouzi and the apartment was very quiet. Zouzi’s things were everywhere. It was like he was there but he was not. It’s a very upsetting feeling. Do you know it?

I looked everywhere until July 15th . But I did not find him.

On the 16th of July. I stopped leaving my house because I was so worried and I did not want to go anywhere incase he comes back.

Yesterday, on the 19th of September I received a postcard early in the
Morning. The postman said it was the strangest thing he had ever seen. It was a glossy, plain white rectangle; the stamp was light blue but did not indicate any country. There was no return address and the postman said he didn’t even know how it could have been sent.

I held it in my hands and examined it. It was plain and white and glossy with a blue stamp.
I turned it over and saw this message:




I am sad because I miss him. But Zouzi seems to be all right and there doesn’t seem to be much I can do about anything.
I will continue to write to you and tell you about how I see this world and how odd of a place it is.

Perhaps I will make a new friend who will put up with me the way Zouzi did, but until then, it is me with me and with you, if you like.

4 comments:

  1. hmmm... i wonder what it feels like when things are out of your control

    ReplyDelete
  2. noo please find zouzi and tell him to come back! it's all too much to handle!

    ReplyDelete