My name is Lilou Sticks and for the moment, I have nowhere to call home.


So everyday, I read, take pictures, watch films, eat cinnamon buns and cookies, go to museums, drink blue water, walk, I walk a lot, a whole lot, look at mirrors, listen to music, touch fabrics, taste and smell everything around me.


This is how I am trying to remember where I come from.

If you feel the same way I do, let’s try to find our homes together.

Thursday 9 December 2010

Friends are easy to make when its snowing.




Yesterday, thanks to all the snow that came pouring down, I made a friend.
I rolled three snow balls and put them on top of each other, I took two buttons and stuck them where the on his face and then, a took a carrot and placed it right in the middle, under the buttons.
Then I put him down next to me and asked him what his name was. He didn’t say anything for a while. Then I realized that was because he didn’t yet have a mouth. So I took exactly five bird seeds and made a line under his nose.
He took a deep breath and said:

“Harold! My name is Harold!”

I was a bit surprised because he didn’t look like a Harold, but that’s okay.

I said:
"where were you before I made you Harold?"
He said, that he wasn’t quite sure but that where he was, it was very bright and very white.
I told him he must have been in the sky because it was just that, white and bright.
We spent the whole day together, and I had so much to tell him about the things I have seen and done.
When it started to get dark I asked him if he had a place to go home to, he said, he was happy right where he was and that I should come back tomorrow at around the same time.
Today I woke up and it was so sunny.

I am going now to check that he hasn’t melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment