My name is Lilou Sticks and for the moment, I have nowhere to call home.


So everyday, I read, take pictures, watch films, eat cinnamon buns and cookies, go to museums, drink blue water, walk, I walk a lot, a whole lot, look at mirrors, listen to music, touch fabrics, taste and smell everything around me.


This is how I am trying to remember where I come from.

If you feel the same way I do, let’s try to find our homes together.

Wednesday 27 October 2010

I can't see you




I was in the middle of reading Goodnight Moon, when I looked up, and across the street there was a man wearing black sunglasses, carrying a long stick in front of him and touching things with it. I put my book down, went up to him and asked him what he was doing, he told me this is how he gets around because he can’t see anything.

I didn’t know what to say so I said nothing. Instead I took his hand and we went for a stroll in the park.
When I got a bit tired we found a bench and sat.
We sat for a while.
I thought about things in my head.
I asked him if he could see just black, he said:
“I don’t know actually.”
I asked, how he read and he told me:
“With my fingers.”
Then, he pulled out the littlest book and opened it. I saw pages filled with holes.
I didn’t say anything but I thought some more.
Later he asked me if he could touch my face.
I didn’t quite understand but I told him he could.
After a few moments he decided I was sad.
I told him he was wrong, just because I wasn’t smiling didn’t mean I was sad.
Before leaving me he asked:
 “What are you up to these days?”
I told him I was having trouble finding my way home, he laughed and said:
“Yeah, I have this same trouble everyday, trying to find my way anywhere.”

2 comments:

  1. gave me goose bumps, sweet lilou
    i don't know you but i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. this gave me goose bumps too

    ReplyDelete